Friday, January 21, 2011

Good bye New Zealand....Hello Montenegro

We have taken a bit of hiatus from blogging since we reached New Zealand...we still need to post on Hong Kong and Australia.  Maybe since I (Stephanie) am about to leave and the peak part of summer season is over Adam will have a little more free time for that.

This morning I am watching the beautiful sunrise over the mountains here in Queenstown for the last time (because I put off packing until this morning and had to get up super early) and will be getting on a plane in a few hours to head to Europe.  I am leaving NZ a little bit before Adam to go stay with my parents for a few weeks after a pit stop in Rome for five days.  My parents are spending a couple years in Montenegro with Operation Mobilization.  We stopped by for just a few days to see them when we are travelling and really enjoyed it, so I am excited about spending a little bit more time there...and seeing how they're doing at learning to speak Serbian!  After that it will be back to the states and back to reality...even though we still don't know what we want to do when we get back yet, any suggestions?

For a while here in NZ we had cold weather and lots of rain, so I was looking forward to getting somewhere different.  But now that it is coming to reality it's a little hard to leave.  The last week we have been trying to pack in as much fun stuff as possible.  Adam has taken a few days off and we have done some hiking to our favorite spots, went River Surfing a few times, and ate at our favorite places around town - like the ice cream shop!  Last year when we left we knew we would be back, but it's different now since we are leaving for good (at least that's the plan..you never know!) We really enjoy Queenstown, the laid back lifestyle, beauty of the landscape, and all of our new friends here.  Plus for me not working and just hanging out is kind of nice, but I guess all good things must come to an end!

Well, I guess I should finish packing.  One of the first things I have planned for Rome is an Italian cooking class, so stay tuned!  Hopefully there's no vegetable carving this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment