Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Read any good books lately?

I am officially using this blog to plead for book suggestions. Steph and I joined the local library a while back and have been reading a decent amount. It all started when we only had two TV channels to chose from, then we went almost 2 weeks with no TV at all and the reading really picked up. Now we actually have like 10 channels, but we're already in reading mode so it ought to continue. Plus, it's a 40 minute drive each way for every riverboarding trip, so there's another good time to read for me. Anyways, there's simply a lot of books at the library and I have no idea how anybody chooses ones to read (I guess Steph somehow manages. She came back today with some "classic" called Jane Eyre as well as what appears to be a coffee table book called The Story of Archaeology in 50 Great Discoveries). Just so you know, I generally like fiction; the only non-fiction I'd generally read is adventure or travel-type stuff, but if you have any must-read's I'd be happy to hear them. Preferably no Bill Bryson (already read 2 of his). Leave a comment or shoot me an email or whatever. 'Preciate it.

4 comments:

  1. You won't be disappointed with anything by Vince Flynn or Nelson Demille. I've read all of their books and will attest to that. If you go with Flynn, start at the beginning as all but his first book contain the same character. If you go with Demille, start with 'Night Fall' - one of my favorites. You also can't go wrong with Michael Crichton and Dan Brown. Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol, is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trininty by Leon Uris is a great favorite of Mom and me. Best book set in Ireland.
    I suggest books about or situated in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown and Steph!!! I know I am not responding to the book post but I wanted to see how yall were doing... I can't believe I haven't looked at your post prior to this. Man, it looks like yall are having a blast!! I just saw the link on your fbook, Adam. Bout to start finals, so not so much fun here but I am getting JACKED for the GT-UGA game. It has been announced as an 8pm primetime game but I can't get too wild bc I have a final that Monday. Keep in touch.
    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  4. just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak also A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Happy Thanksgiving... Grandma says hi.

    ryan & grandma from las vegas

    ReplyDelete